Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Little Mishap

Hi everyone ~

A very quick post today (because I'm one finger typing with my left hand) to let you know things are going to be a little quiet here for a few weeks. On Thursday afternoon while mopping my floor I slipped and landed very hard on tiles with my full body weight on my right hand. The result is a broken wrist! Not just a simple break either - of course - this one requires surgery and metal plates/pins. I never do things by halves!

I was at the hospital for several hours on Thursday afternoon/evening, coming home with a back slab cast on. The swelling was so great that they were unable to do the required surgery and set it in a temporary cast. I've had a huge supply of heavy duty pain meds and quickly realised how incapacitated I now am. Thank goodness I have the most wonderful friends. They've driven me back and forth, taken care of my son, prepared food, cleaned my house, done washing, assisted me with showering, washed my hair....the list is endless and I am so so grateful!

I've spent half of today back at the hospital, having more xrays and fasting with the expectation of having the surgery. But no, still too swollen. I now have a new double strength temporary back slab cast on and will wait a few more days....

I am amazed and dismayed at how little I can do for myself. Being right handed and now having it out of action is very difficult. We tend to take the simplist things for granted I now realise. Not looking forward to having to put my signature to something in the near future lol. Most of all no crafting...I'm most upset about that, particularly now that I'm sitting around resting and doing little else.

Will keep you posted!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh P!!!! You must have fell REALLY hard and be in so much pain you poor thing!! Thats really not a good thing to do considering its your birthday this week! lol

    I'm thinking of you and wished I lived closer to be one of those friends giving you a hand!

    Stay resting!

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie I wish I was there to help you out. I'm so glad that the other wonderful ladies are there. You make sure you take it easy and please call me if I can do anything for you (even though I'm so far away).
    I wish you the most speediest recovery!

    MWAH xoxooxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all I can say is " Your welcome"...

    As your friend it is my pleasure.
    I know you would give your last dollar, or help me or any of your friends if we needed it! So we dont mind, thats what good friends do babe!...

    Plus I cant beleive it's nearly your birthday and our craft weekend away and this has happened! Thinking positive thoughts for the appointment next week that no opp needed and you get that lovely colourful water proof cast on....

    Me xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 'Trice, see you've mastered the camera now ;o) Lots of super gorgeous creations - you'll definately have to make one of those M & M daisy cards for Noah's next B'day, she would LOVE it, it'd be a present in itself. Keep the hand up and cross your fingers (left hand!) that the swelling's down enough the next time you're reviewed ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there gorgeous!

    I know I've texted ya a few times this morning but I just wanted to pop by your blog and wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have a super duper day full of lots of rest!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, as asked by Spring Blossom, from one Etsy seller to another. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Sorry about your arm! I wish you a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!