Friday, January 24, 2014

Just Add Ink #199 - Just Add a Sketch

Happy Friday friends ~

I'm popping by today to show you the latest sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink, courtesy of Tina.


I decided to go for a different shape to the circles shown in the sketch.  I cut up a little Burlap bag and pulled a few threads, then added a couple of lace flowers I've had in my stash for ages. Unfortunately I didn't have one slightly bigger than the other, which the sketch asks for, but close enough is good enough when you have creative licence right?

I used a base of the delicious Baked Brown Sugar card stock, with the Whisper White mat popped up on dimensionals.

If you'd like to play along with us this week, check out the sketch and all the design team inspiration over at JAI.  We always enjoy looking at your entries and seeing all the different 'takes' of the same sketch.

It's a long weekend in Australia and we're heading off to the lake for some fun water activities with several other families - water skiing, tubing and just playing in the sand.  Can't wait...but I find the lead up to time away is always sooo busy.  I wish I could skip that part and just have everything magically packed, the sheets changed, washing done and house clean (I ALWAYS have to come home to everything in order).

I hope your weekend is great!








4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Patrice. I love all the texture and natural colours, so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - I love how you've used the burlap and your flowers are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clean textured take on the sketch P. Burlap is the perfect matt for lace blooms..Very sweet!
    I hear you on the coming home to clean, it makes all of those loads of washing bearable if everything else is done..:0) Have a great weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mix of textures on this P - the little lace flowers just pop against the burlap. Hope the weekend is lots of fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!