Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Catch Up - lots of pics

Hi crafty friends ~

I'm popping in this evening to share a couple of Christmas gifts I made last year.  I just had to try one of the fabulous paper wreaths that were popping up all over blogland.  I used the Seasons of Style designer paper. It looked gorgeous presented in a hat box lined with tissue - and a perfect way to store it safely until next year!


I needed eight individual gifts for the carers at the Centre the twins attend a couple of days a week.  I didn't want to go the usual chocolate route.  I found these great little bells, originally plain white, and used my new (squeal) copic airbrush system to colour them.  It worked a treat.

Once coloured I used some heat & stick powder and dazzling diamonds to bling the bottoms up a bit, added some hemp twine (retired) and voila all done.  I took a few pics and you all know I'm a lousy photographer so please excuse the varied close ups and sizes of my images.  No amount of editing can help me lol.


Just a few grouped together before hanging individually on our tree...


...my favourite was the Pink bell...


...followed closely by Lime Green


Blue


Red



Maroon or Cherry Cobbler


Packed up ready to gift (I coordinated the striped ribbons with the colour of the bell inside)



Close Up

I'll be back at the end of the week with my first Just Add Ink project for 2014 - it's a blog hop so be sure to check it out.


5 comments:

  1. Wow that paper wreath is amazing and I bet the staff really appreciated the bells being such a pretty handmade gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is just beautiful!...Love those bells too and how good does the Copic airbrush work, they have such a lovely coverage..Bet they were a hit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow they are amazing projects!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects P! I loved the bells and I think you didn't even have the glitter edge on them yet - its definitely a really classy finishing touch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers Patrice. You were very busy hunni. Love the wreath.....I did not get mine done :(....but wow those bells are da BOMB!!! Brilliant darl. ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!