Friday, October 12, 2012

Birthday Boy

Good morning ~

I totally love Fridays don't you?  Silly question, of course you do!  Well that is if your working week is coming to an end.  Not so much if you're just starting out I guess...

A friend needed a birthday card for her nephew this month.  He really likes his cards personalised with his name, but as it's double figures this year I decided to go with numbers instead.


I truly had no idea where this card was going other than the Real Red c/s and Polka Dot dsp mat - I have been dying to crack open my new SU Polka Dot Parade dsp - I love love love spots and dots.  I drew inspiration for the layering of my die cuts from this lovely card by my dear friend Karen.

Hope you like.  Have a great weekend.



10 comments:

  1. Great card Patrice. Fantastic for a boy at such a special age.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific boys card, love the layers, and that polka dot paper is yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome Patrice. I bet your nephew will love it. I'm going to file it away because all of Harry's little friends have been getting the same card, just in differet colour variations, lol! I was so uninspired the other day, I actually bought I card because I was so unhappy with the one I made the week before. Hope you are well and that you had a fab time in NZ. How's your new zippy little car going??

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Patrice, I have missed seeing so many of your wonderful cards!! The pink flower is a particular favourite. This one is terrific - love the colours and perfect for a boy. If I hadn't already made my daughter's 10th birthday card I would definitely have CASed it. Instead I shall put it in my inspiration folder for reference.

    Seems we are all copping this windy cold weather - you were supposed to have had snow this morning! My husband flies back from Newcastle tonight - it will be a bumpy ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another hit in the cardstock hunni!!! LURVE the polka dots...I am hankering for an investigation (investment) in this myself!! Love the simplicity of it. Brilliant card darl. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Patrice!Love the layering and the pretty colours together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are so beautiful! Love the polka dots and the stars!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Patrice .... it's been awhile since I have popped by and your creations are still as lovely and beautiful as ever.
    Congrats on your DT spot at Addicted to Stamps and More, I will look forward to playing along one day!
    As always .... thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card! Love that Polka Dot DSP. The colours have turned out really cool especially for a 10 year old! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card and the dp is gorgeous no wonder you couldn't wait to use it. Great design as always.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!