Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Addicted to Stamps and More - Addicted to Halloween #3

Good morning ~

I've been keeping fairly quiet lately.  Settling back into the routine of life after a busy couple of months...Gorgeous Kid and I went to Floriade Nightfest with lovely friends on the weekend.  The weather had been really crappy all day but thankfully cleared in time for our outing so I was grateful.

This week was a bit of a challenge for me over at Addicted to Stamps and More.  Kylie set us a Halloween challenge. We tend not to celebrate Halloween in a big way in Australia - although there seems to be a bit of change happening with the stores stocking all manner of costumes and paraphernalia so it may yet become a big thing.

As such I don't own a single Halloween craft item so I had to search the web for images, I had a few spider web ideas, thought of some punch art spidies...and ended up with these cute little witchy boots.  They were fun to colour and cut.


I've layered the boots, coloured with copics, on a doily die cut, using Basic Black c/s and the matching DSP.  I added a little satin ribbon, some silver cord and baubles along with a couple of punched tags and the 'boo' sentiment from the SU set Tiny Tags.

In my last post I mentioned blog candy.  Hmmmm well I think maybe people don't read my blog closely because most of you didn't even tell me your favourite season.  I will go through the comments though and draw a winner out of those who did and let you know by the end of the week ... hint hint, go back and add your fave!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit today.  Do pop over to ATS&M and check out what all the other girls have been up to - lots more inspiration for you now that we have a bigger design team ... and they're awesome!

11 comments:

  1. You did so well considering you didn't have anything Halloween. Neither did I until I saw the Wicked Cool set in the Cattledog for SU. You always amaze me with what you come up with - awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis looks terrific, those boots are so cute and I love the addition of the little baubles with the cord and tags. A very cool card. Would love to get to Floriade one day would be fantastic. PS Ms Patrice, I read your blog closely, I knew there was blog candy but don't usually enter preffering to leave the chances to some lucky others who could really do with their day being brightened (more so than me)lol. It is lovely of you to offer it up, you are a very kind person, By the way mine is spring, and it doesn't count in this comment post lol, Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo fab and funky Patrice....your search served you very well my pretty (insert appropriate witchy cackle!!!) The amazing colouring really pops off the B & W.
    I know I read your last post correctly and suggested my fave season. I hope you get a better response this time around.
    Hope you and GK are having an awesome Hols. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous witch legs and great colouring. Sorry - I didn't go for the blog candy as I didn't know if you would be shipping as far away as the UK - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrice - I just love your gorgeous card. Those legs and boots are brilliant. I didn't realise about the candy either so might just have to pop over and leave a comment! lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another who doesn't own a single Halloween stamp thank goodness I have my Cameo ! Love this gorgeous card those witchie boots and legs are fab and once again beautifully colored. Wish I lived closer I would definitely be over for lessons.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those boots and stockings!! Fabulous card! I've admired your style for a while and it will be so fun being on the DT with you. I'm betting I'm gonna get lots of inspiration from you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Patrice that topper really pops against the fab BP. The little tags with Boo on them made me laugh!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This such an awesome Halloween card P! love the boots - the stripy stockings - how cute!! and how you added so much interest to the black. Very fun and not at all scary - in a good way!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really different card for Halloween - but I love it!
    The Boo sentiment of very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patrice, thanks a lot for your nice visit on my blog! Now I also found yours and could add you to my ATS & M DT bloglist -I don't know why you weren't there yet, my apologies! :) Have a nice week and take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!