Friday, November 26, 2010

Just For Fun - JAI ... Sketch #45

TGIF ~

All of a sudden I realise how close Christmas is and I've gone into panic mode - I'm sure many of you can relate lol. I was up late last night fiddling about making Christmas treats and gift packaging. These little pillow boxes are perfect for stacking and tying together and can hold all sorts of little bits and pieces.

I've followed the fabulous sketch over at Just Add Ink this week.

My two stack uses Crumb Cake c/s and Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, along with two of the images from Snow Swirled stamped in Versamark. The single pillow box is Sahara Sand c/s and Chocolate Chip ribbon (now retired). My little flowers are made using the 5 petal punch, I've scored each of the petals and folded slightly then sponged Real Red ink on the edges. The layering is pretty self explanatory, but if you have questions just shout out :o)

Make sure you go over to Just Add Ink and check out all the lovely DT inspiration for this week.

Have a fabulous Friday and enjoy your weekend!

16 comments:

  1. I like what you have done with these flowers, gives me an idea for my stamp workshop on Sunday. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOICE! I love these pillow boxes too, and they DO look great stacked and tied with ribbon. Your flowers are gorgeous btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and its yet another reminder I must pull my finger out and start MAKING Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers look fab - a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so lovely. Who wouldn't want to receive a gift wrapped like this!!! I love the flowers, just perfect.

    Karen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PATRICE......GORGEOUS Love this. Great colours too. :) What a great way to dress up a pillow box

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE those flowers!! These are beautiful, Patrice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look gorgeous!! The flowers are so simple but absolutely stunning and really dress up the neutral boxes. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is just stunning and simple

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hhhmmm ... perhaps I DO NEED this die???!!! FAB take on the sketch, Patrice! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, pretty! I love Sahara Sand for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME colours and I just love those pretty flowers, Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh these are gorgeous! I am totally caseing these ... looks like I will have to get my hands on that punch now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute Patrice. I have this punch but everytime I use it, the flowers just look awful. These look great so maybe I'll have to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look terrific, great flower and love it with the ribbon, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!