Friday, January 19, 2018

Just Add Ink #392 - Blog Hop - Just Add Something New




Happy Friday friends ~

Just Add Ink is back (finally I hear you say)! As has become our norm we're kicking the year off with a fun blog hop around all of the gorgeous design team lovelies.

I'm hoping all goes well with my scheduled post as right now I'm up in Queensland on Moreton Island holidaying for a fortnight. There are four families enjoying some sun & beach time together.

You may have arrived from sweet Denita's blogor you can begin the hop here or at any of the other design team members blogs. There are 16 stops, & it's set up in a loop so it doesn't matter where you start. All you need to do to follow along is click on the next button at the bottom of each post & you'll be taken to the next stop. If you get stuck just head over to the JAI blog to find all the links.

The biggest problem I had prior to creating this completely girlie card was which 'something new' I was going to choose. In fact that took me days to ponder as I've collected lots of lovely new goodies since the Occasions catalogue & SAB went live. Anyway I chose the awesome (totally free) SAB set Epic Celebrations & challenged myself to make a masculine card! Gave up on that when I realised my time was in short supply & went with what I know best....pink!


I love those cute little sneakers. Don't they look like converse? I heat embossed them onto vellum, cut a circle with the Stitched Shapes Framelits & layered onto a Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper scallop cut with the Layering Circles Framelits (this way you don't see through to the adhesive). I popped the whole thing up on dimensionals, over top of the gorgeous new Berry Burst Metallic edge ribbon.

The splashes & splotches are stamped with the now retired (sniff sniff) Gorgeous Grunge. I used a sentiment from the new Picture Perfect Birthday set which was included in our bags at the recent Stampin' Up! On Stage event in Melbourne.

The Powder Pink layer is popped up on dimensionals & layered on a Berry Burst card base. So what do you think? Girlie enough, in a grungy kind of way? There is a lovely sparkle across the entire card front thanks to my Sheer Shimmer Spritz.

Knowing so many of you will have lots of beautiful new goodies to play with (whether they are Christmas presents, or new catalogue items....) we'd love you to join the challenge with us this week. Pop over to JAI for details.

Using the next button below will take you to see my beautiful friend, Jan's fabulous creation. Enjoy the hop!

 Jan


Patrice x






13 comments:

  1. Lovely youthful card Patrice. I think if you changed out the Pink this layout would work perfectly for a male card too. But I can relate to girly cards being easier to make. Enjoy your family time. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE this card P! So bright and colourful. Gosh,Gorgeous Grunge was a great texture stamp set, wasnt it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find masculine cards hard too! You’ve done a great job on this card and I may just case it for my teen daughter in a couple of months! Lovely Patrice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous problem to have - too many new goodies! I had the same problem. Absolutely love this Patrice. And I agree with Chantell - this layout will look great in so many different colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomeness, Patrice! Such an epic creation, right to the last minute. Hope you are having an amazing holiday? D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great teen girl card - as yes, so easy to remake as a boy's card. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. What a great teen girl card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is such a fabulous girlie grunge card P! I love your colour choices for the splatters and all the different sparkly touches too - so clever! Hope you’re having a wonderfully relaxing holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pair of sneakers Patrice~love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - I love this card!! So much, I can't even tell you! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teen card, Patrice. Girly but cool. Love those sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely girly in a grunge way! Love the delicacy of the vellum, and the pink paired with the bold splatters. It's spot on for teen girls! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it! The grunge is perfect for the softer vellum P, great design! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!