Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Colour INKspiration Challenge #25 - Congrats


Happy New Year!

Welcome to a new Colour INKspiration challenge - our first for 2018! You have probably arrived from Julia's lovely selection of masculine cards....I always appreciate the inspiration as I find creating for the men & boys in my life most challenging! If you haven't joined us over on Facebook yet, click here to be taken to our FACEBOOK GROUP.

Here is the inspiration colour palette. Hopefully these beautiful colours will inspire you to join the challenge fun and share your projects with us. 

I broke out my new SAB set Lots of Lavender for this card, & instead of colouring it purple I've gone with navy tones as per the colour swatch. I'm calling these my 'blue sage' flowers. First I did a little 'smooshing' with some acetate, water & Lemon Lime Twist re-inker on Shimmery White c/s. While that was drying I coloured my flowers with prisma pencils in the closest shades I could find for NoN & LLT, finishing with painting some of the flower bases with Wink of Stella. Then came the fussy cutting...lucky I like it & find it relaxing! To finish I popped the flowers up on dimensionals, added my (retired) wooden sentiment & a little bling & voila my card was ready for its super special recipient.


It didn't turn out quite the way I had envisioned....& it's not one of my favourites but that's paper crafting for you! You just never know what you're gonna get (bit like a box of chocolates lol).

To continue on with the blog hop click on the next blog image below & you'll be taken to see what Rose has created to share with us today.


Thanks for stopping by, & do make sure you get right around to see all the lovely projects the Crew have created to share with you.

Patrice x

6 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! Love this card from the smooshy background to the blue sage flowers and the carefully place bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's some pretty amazing fussy cutting there! The smooshed background is fantastic with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this isn't one of your favourites! It's absolutely gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can that not be one of your favourites? I love it! Love the background, fussy cut coloured flowers ...... so all of it really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a favourite of mine and looks so pretty in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!