Friday, July 22, 2011

JAI#77...Just Add A Sketch

Good Friday morning!

It's time for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week I went for a kiddie card using the fun Party This Way stamp set. I did lots of white embossing and fussy cutting and then slathered all my 'bits' with Crystal Effects and 'popped' them up on my Real Red c/s and Celebrations dsp base.


The Design Team have all gone for a really different look this week. Lots of fun! Pop over to JAI and check out the inspiration. Hope you manage to find some time over the weekend to get into your craft space and get inky.

On a whole different note I've been having smart phone issues for some time now so finally bit the bullet and took it back to the store for fixing. It was a really difficult week using a loan phone that was super NON user friendly, but I got my phone back yesterday - and confirmation that it wasn't user error! My phone couldn't be fixed so they gave me a brand spanking new handset. Slight downside of course is losing some of the info that I hadn't managed to transfer in time. Oh well, adds to the fun of 'making it mine' again I guess.

Happy birthday wishes to an old friend! You know who you are. Enjoy your special day.

14 comments:

  1. Sooooooo cute!!! Such a fun card and the balloons look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I totally love how you've done the ribbon - it looks awesome!

    Glad you have your phone sorted out too! What a pain hey!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card - I don't have any "fun" and "funky" stamps like these ones! Love how you made it a bit "3d"!
    Congrats on finally getting ur phone fixed - damn technology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made a wonderful kids card Patrice! I particularly love the way you've done the balloons. All that fussy cutting was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I get into my craft space this week and get all inky because all these gorgeous cards are making me want to ink some rubbah. I love your bold, vibrant card with the added crystal effects to make everything 'pop'- awesome take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun birthday card Patrice! and clever use of the sketch too. The balloons look great white embossed and are very cute finished off with the strings.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn, I have been telling myself I don't need this set, But you are making it very difficult to resist!!! Such a fun card.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Theresa x http://tbarsstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love balloons...they always say PARTY to me! Your card is beautiful and fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent card - simple but cool :) Especially good for boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card Patrice! I really loved your take on this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A cool card, Gee I do love that set, should dust it off I think lol, you did a terrific job of the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow lovely, this so fun and funky kids card. The painstaking embossing and funky cutting did the trick...the balloons look fantastic. I love the vibrancy of this card. Well done!!
    Glad to see you are 'back in touch' with the world. I have a v v old Nokia...and avoid anything with higher technology like the plague!! Good luck. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simple and so sweet

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!