Thursday, December 30, 2010

Odd Bits

Good morning ~

Unfortunately I'm at a funeral today. The grandmother of my son's godmother passed just before Christmas which was very sad. She lived a wonderful 89 years though and I'm sure today will be a celebration of all those years.

I thought I'd post some of the pics I've had sitting around that haven't found their way to being blogged yet. They all have something in common - fairly poor photography, and therefore don't look quite as good here as they did irl.

What you may not be able to see in the pic is that this card has a clear embossed background using the Linen B/G stamp (retired). The base is Early Espresso with some Tangerine Tango.


These are an all in one box containing a set of six cards and envelopes (which I didn't photograph doh) that I gave as Chrissie presents to a few people. I really wish I had taken pics of the cards inside, they looked rather lovely all put together.


This is my first ever stocking - with a yummy assortment of choccies that Gorgeous Kid found under the tree Christmas morning. I purposely left all the 'trimmings' off it as he really doesn't like all the fussy bits. I guess most 10yo boys feel that way lol.


This last card was taken in such poor light (remember all that rain we had) that I haven't been able to 'fix' it up much at all. The chipboard letters are inked in Choc Chip believe it or not and I've used the Play Date dsp (Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron). This was a card for an 11yo boy back in November and apparently he absolutely loves that his name is on the front and that it's a bit abstract. I used a little of the dsp to 'coordinate' the envelope also.

Hmmmm I wonder if I could 'borrow' Liam's card back to photograph properly ... not a daft idea, I may just ask.


I'm hoping to do some cyber crafting with a couple of interstate friends a bit later tonight - if anything comes together I'll post again soon. Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

  1. I just bet G Kid loved that stocking!!!! What a great idea!
    Keep me posted on the cyber crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a lovely Christmas Patrice and thanks for all your comments and encouragement in 2010. I have a gift for you on http://kbpapercraft.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-stylish.html cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok this is my 3rd attempt at commenting - the darn comment box just disappears like houdini on me! lol

    You were so busy leading up to Chrissie and everything is fabo! I especially love that little stocking you did for Connor - just so cute!

    Luv K
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!