Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Different Gift Card Holder

Hi and happy Wednesday ~

I'm here to explain my disappearing act recently. Last week a very dear friend of mine died suddenly. It was a tragic accident and a senseless waste of a precious life. So everything went on hold while I dealt with the emotions that go with such a loss. The funeral was yesterday and sad as that was, it was also a celebration of a wonderful life lived. Now I must concentrate once again on Christmas being just a few days away - yikes!

Nothing much has been happening in the craft room, however, I have this little gift card holder to show you. I used Marina Mist c/s and matching dsp, along with some Real Red c/s on the embellishment. I didn't photograph the itunes card which fits a Real Red backing piece with punched 'slits' neatly.


I first saw one of these over at Stampin With Sue here. While I didn't follow Sue's tutorial specifically (my opening/closing is different and my embellishment is attached differently), it is very easy to follow and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results if you give one of these a try.

Hope to be back with more in the next day or two and share some more Christmas goodies. Take care.

7 comments:

  1. OMG!! P this is the cutest thing ever!! Love the little ovaly (new crafting word ok!) that represent a bow on top! Absolutely beautiful gift!

    So sorry to hear about your friend - so sad leading up to christmas!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of the gift card, it looks great in the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh so cute!!! Loving the Marina Mist :)

    I was so glad I could be there with you over the weekend to help take your mind of things for a little while and give you a big cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute! Such a great idea! Love that top "bow" bit (as Karen described it!) - that's real creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. May your memories of happier times give you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your sudden loss of a friend. Hope you are feeling okay.

    This is a gorgeous gift card holder and I also agree with Karen on the very lovely "ovaly" bow. It's a perfect embellishment.

    Karen G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is goreous.
    Its a tragic loss... just know we are all here for you.
    Have a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!