Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Add...Fabric - JAI#32

Hey & happy Friday ~

This week over at Just Add Ink we've added Fabric. I was really excited about this challenge and had lots of great ideas about what I was going to do ... the rules for the DT are to use current SU! items, unless SU! doesn't actually sell them. So back to my excitement ... can I tell you none of my fabulous fabric ideas worked the way I wanted them to. Hate when that happens.

So this is what I ended up submitting. Once again the weather in Canberra has been pretty dull and overcast therefore making my limited photography skills more difficult.

Some Choc and Vanilla funky felt flowers cut with my BS circles #2 die, layered on Choc Chip and Pink Pirouette c/s put through the Perfect Polka Dots BS embossing folder, some Very Vanilla Little Leaves using the BS die, a Tiny Tags sentiment punched with the Medium Jewelry Tag and finished with some Latte buttons and VV taffeta ribbon.

It's not what I was hoping for but the colours are pretty together :o) go on over to JAI and check out all the other fabulous fabric creations from the DT.

Hope you've all got a fun weekend lined up whether that's out and about or taking it easy at home. We hope to have a reasonably quiet one in our house as last weekend was a busy one. BFF came down from Brisbane for a long weekend to help celebrate Gorgeous Kid's 10th birthday. We had a terrific time together, catching up on news, eating good food, talking craft ... you get the idea lol. We even managed to fit in a couple of movies, one of which was Eclipse! Oh and Gorgeous Kid had a great weekend too!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey P!

    This card is EXCELLENT! Nothing like choc chip and pink together hey - it works every single time! lol Now to think what I'm gonna do for this one

    So glad you had a lovely weekend too - so wish I could have joined you and Trishie for some good ol' gasbaggin' and laughter!

    Luv K

    PS - do you have your phone back yet!???? roflol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrice, even though it hasn't turned out how you wanted it too it is still lovely. I think I'll have to add that circle die to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, Patrice! LOVE the colours, and the texture of the 'circle flowers'. Beautiful (even if you did have other ideas.) Sounds like you had a great weekend; still recovering, hey?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patrice,

    even in the dull Canberra light it looks fabulous! I love how your funky felt flowers turned out.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done here, what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!