Thursday, October 17, 2019

Just Add Ink #479 - Just Add a Colour Combo

Hellooooooo ~

Is there anybody out there? Long time no post or card share! I'm not sure where I got up to last year....so to cut a long story short I had a nasty accident in January 2018 breaking a few bones in my lower back. The healing process was long. So long. In that time I lost all inclination to play in my craft room. Earlier this year I tried....but absolutely no creativity was happening. I even considered packing it all up & not looking back. I took up crocheting & knitting again. This satisfied me, however, I was still purchasing all the new stamps & inks as they were released so they really were taunting me.

Another blow for me was Gorgeous Kid (now 19 years old) joined Defence & left home in early January this year. I was super supportive & very happy that he knew the direction he wanted to take after graduating Yr 12. BUT I didn't actually consider how much our family would change with him gone. I worried about the extreme training he was undertaking. And I pined for him. We had next to no contact with him for the first few months. So. Very. Hard. I'm happy to say that ten months down the track we've settled into a new normal & although we don't see him often (he's posted in Brisbane until end of December) he's doing very well. I'll share more next post.

Earlier this week I put together a card using the gorgeous colour combo that Jackie gave us to work with over at Just Add Ink. My beautiful friend, Kim, had given me a set of 'Life Changing Blender Brushes' for my birthday back in March & I was itching to use them. Somehow it all came together - I think I need to thank Jackie the most, because if there were any more colours in this combo I may not have even attempted. My confidence in my card making abilities has been shattered.

So my plan is to continue to create cards & share here & over at JAI. I hope that it works out that way at least. Even though you haven't 'seen' me for a long time I have actually been helping the admin team behind the scenes so I've been across the challenges & in very regular contact with all my dear friends at JAI. Some of you will have noticed I pop up with a comment on your blog now & then too :)

If you've made it this far, here is the card I made. A base of Whisper White, a bit of sponging using Coastal Cabana ink, some assorted die cuts & a little bling. Simple. And a good start back into it for me.


Here is the colour palette. We'd love for you to join the challenge. Click here to head over to the JAI blog for all the design team inspiration.



Until next time....thanks for popping by & catching up.

Patrice x



3 comments:

  1. Hi, Patrice! I've never commented before, but am blown away by your lovely card - simple and striking and hopefully easy to CASE. I'm very happy to see you're back in the craft room and hope you continue to share your beautiful creations with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back. I love your choices for using these colors. Looks like you are getting your mojo back. Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your accident and all that you have been through the past year and a half. Prayers that all is healing and you are doing well.
    Your card is beautiful. Glad you are crafting again. It is a big help for me as I lost my husband 5-1/2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!