Friday, June 8, 2012

JAI#121 - Just Add Pearls

Good morning and happy Friday ~

Wow I can't believe that this time last week I was at Convention with all my friends from Australia and New Zealand.  I got to meet many of my online friends in person for the first time and most precious of all was the time spent with some of my fellow JAI design team members - I am so blessed to be part of such a beautiful bunch of women.  A few couldn't make it, and we missed them a lot...but there is always Brisbane next year...hopefully we'll all make it up to sunny Queensland.

Another highlight for me was having my beautiful BFF here in Canberra.  We had early mornings and late nights and lots of giggles in between.  We've got some pics and when they're sorted I promise to share.

This week at Just Add Ink we're adding pearls.  As you can see I've used lots of them *smile*.


A few things going on with this card...I lattice embossed a square of vellum and layered that onto my Real Red c/s. The 'cup' has been through my crimper, the cake edges have been inked with a dauber and my cherry is cut from Glitter paper and then I hit it heavily with Crystal Effects.  Nice and glossy and edible irl. The whole cupcake has been popped up on dimensionals.

I found it hard to photograph this one, the colours look bland and washed out here and I now notice my ribbon has dropped a little - best I fix that up.

Take a look at all the other lovely design team inspiration and join the Challenge with us.  We love looking through your entries.

Today is also Delys' birthday, so a super big happy birthday to you!  Hope you have a wonderful day and get spoilt rotten by all.

12 comments:

  1. Yum! :) I still regret not getting that big cupcake; it makes such fun cards! Glad you've been having such a wonderful time with friends. That's always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect the embossing folder has on the vellum!!!
    This card is so pretty with all the pearls.

    YAY it was great to spend time with you for convention :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good enough to eat. Can't wait to see your Convention pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely Patrice, particularly the embossed vellum, I am definitely going to give that idea a go. At least you didn't have to go far for the SU convention and sounds like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMO this looks good enough to eat!!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed convention and friends,
    carn't wait to see your pics.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Patrice - totally love the effect of embossing the vellum with the lattice folder - clever chicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Patrice. I love all the layers of detail and texture you've added and the pearls add just the right touch of fun to finish it off :)
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time is so fleeting hey Patrice???? It looks like you had a FAB time at convention tho.....and the HUGE distance you HAD to travel....how did u cope......(*wink*)???
    This is just such a huge and happy card. I love the massive cupcake and the dry embossing. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful cuppie card Patrice. It looks truly delectable. I'm contemplating whether a trip to the shops is now in order ;-).

    Can I ask you what folder you have run your cupcake bottom through? It looks like a coarse weave of some sort, like a cane weave or seomthing. Me likey very much.

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Any shopping planned? Red is a lovely, warming colour this time of year ;-).
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. After seeing this little or should l say "Big" stunner of a cupcake l so wish l had invested in that die now..:0)
    Love all your texture and pearl sprinkles, it's such a gorgeous card!
    Loved hanging out with you too...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy cupcake card, love all the little pearls on the "icing" delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cupcake card Patrice! The texture you have created with your crimper is fabulous & the embossed vellum looks awesome. (Must try that!) I can just imagine how glossy that cherry is too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!