Friday, November 6, 2020

Just Add Ink #530...Just Add Stamps, Ink & Paper

Happy Friday ~

We have a new challenge starting over at Just Add Ink today. Rochelle has asked us to add Stamps, Ink & Paper - it was so hard not to use die cuts, & embellish...I do love some bling. In fact I ran into a little trouble with my first card (will attach at bottom) so had to make another at the last minute. I guess that's why it's called a challenge :)

I've fussy cut some of my favourite designer paper - Best Dressed & used a sentiment from the matching Dressed to Impress stamp set. Lighting not so great as we've had so much rain of late, which means cloud & dull skies.


I rarely take a pic of the inside of my cards, so here it is.


And here is my original card - I realised I couldn't use heat embossing so went with Craft white ink. Which was lovely & crisp initially, but a few days later had faded & become a little blotchy, as you can see. So I quickly whipped up a reverse colour version. I've since added versamark over top of the white ink (super easy to line up photopolymer stamps) & heat embossed so it wasn't a wasted card.


Pop over to JAI & be inspired by the design team offerings. We'd love you to join the challenge fun with us...here is the banner for you.


In other news 2020 strikes again. We have to say goodbye to our beloved bunny, Humphrey today. He has developed kidney disease & just the last few days is deteriorating. We don't want him to suffer, or have a poor quality of life. He's been with us for almost 7 years so we're very very sad. Here he is enjoying some leaves off one of the trees in our yard (he's a free range bun & uses the small doggie door to come & go as he pleases - he really has had the best life).



Here he is chilling in the lounge room with us watching tv. 


I took this pic today, of him lying upside down like a baby in my arms. He's the most placid, snuggly not so little guy. Always up for a cuddle. He's got a few grey hairs these days as he's quite old for a bun.

Well that was rather photo heavy, but I'm feeling all sentimental & just had to share him one last time. 

Patrice x


1 comment:

  1. Oh Patrice, how sad that you've had to say goodbye to your lovely Humphrey. Sometimes we feel we're somehow not allowed to mourn our pets passing but I feel they are such members of our families and dependent on us like small children, so the grieving we do is very real. Your photos are a beautiful tribute to him and I can see how loved he was. Sending a big hug your way.

    Your card design is fabulous and how clever to do a reverse colourway as well. I particularly like the white background - and that really is smashing paper. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!