Friday, December 6, 2019

Just Add Ink #485 - Just Add One Layer

Hello & Happy Fri-yay!

We have a new challenge starting over at Just Add Ink today, & Jan has asked that we create a One Layer Card. Sometimes that's not quite as simple as we think it may be. I can't tell you the amount of c/s I ditched while trying to get what was in my head onto paper. What I ended up with was not what I was trying to achieve lol.

Soooo I used my nifty new 'Life Changing Blender Brushes' to put down some green & yellow hues on Shimmery white c/s, then I heat embossed my favourite new stamp - Forever Blossoms - over top. Done. Easy peasy. I may have been overthinking this one, when really keeping it simple was the best way to go.

I ended up making a little set of 4x4 cards to package as a gift to use at a later date.


Here is the banner for you. Pop over to the JAI blog to check out the design team inspiration. There is a lot of variation of One Layer Cards to get you inspired.


I'm guessing I'm not alone in being crazy busy this month. Christmas preparations are well underway & each of my weekends is full. This weekend we're off to hubby's work Christmas party. Lawn bowls, followed by dinner. I've never tried lawn bowls before so it could be an interesting afternoon :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Patrice x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!