Friday, December 8, 2017

Just Add Ink #389 - Just Add Inspiration

Good Friday morning friends ~

Welcome to our latest challenge over at Just Add Ink. Kelly has given us a great inspiration pic. Being so close to Christmas I'm still working on all my packaging so today I'm sharing a little Pillow Box all fancied up with designer paper, burlap, ribbons & trim. Inside is a gift card to the Dendy Premium Cinemas here in Canberra - a luxurious way to enjoy a movie on date night. Hmmmm I should be gifting this one to myself....


At the recent Stampin' Up! On Stage event in Melbourne I was lucky enough to room with a few fabulous ladies, one of which was the super talented Narelle Farrugia (that woman seriously cracks me up, she is too funny). It is a tradition for 'roomies' to give each other small gifts, & Narelle's was packaged very similarly to what I have done here. So my version is a CASE of hers (slight differences in designer paper & washi but basically the same - why change it if it ain't broken I say). Narelle graciously allowed me to share with you all because I didn't have time to get a different project ready. It has been super busy for weeks now, & I know I'm not alone in this! I'm not sure if Narelle blogged her original gift box to us roomies but pop over to check for it.


Hopefully this close up shows you the different layers of cardstock, designer paper, ribbons & trim (each of these items are current & can be purchased, except the corrugated c/s used for the Pillow Box itself).

If you've still got some Christmas crafting to get done, pop over to JAI & pick up a few card & packaging ideas. Don't forget to take a pic of your work & upload to join the challenge fun & share your ideas with us all. Here is the inspiration pic for you.


Thanks for stopping by today. I'm off to have my hair done shortly, then I'm out with the girls for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I have Elf duty at Little Athletics with the twins, & on Sunday I'm off to see Mama Mia the musical - very much looking forward to that. I hope you have something nice planned for your weekend!

Patrice x

4 comments:

  1. So pretty P!! Such a fabulous design to Case and I love how the gorgeous layers and textures of the neutrals pop against the black and white details of your pillow box. Hope you enjoy Mama Mia - I saw it a few years ago and it was fabulous with the audience all singing along. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on Narelles gorgeous gift we received P, the pillow box is the perfect size for gift cards and the sweet tag details are so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yes it does look familiar and just gorgeous as Narelle's was! I do love the texture the corrugated cardstock adds, it really complements all the trimmings beautifully. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - your packaging is amazing. I'm not sure I could open something with that much work!!! Lucky recipient! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!