Friday, March 25, 2016

Just Add Ink #304 - Just Add Inspiration

Happy Good Friday lovely friends ~

Happy Easter weekend to you!  I'm so looking forward to the long weekend....a few garden chores, some extra crafting time, relaxed meals, maybe head out to a movie....and of course some delicious hot cross buns and Easter chocolate.

Jodene has come up with a very bright and fun inspiration pic for our new challenge at Just Add Ink this week.  I'll post at bottom for you.  This one had me completely stumped until the very last minute - it's not called a challenge for nothing.


I decided to go with the bright colours of the umbrellas.  Unfortunately my colours in the pic above aren't true to real life.  I've used Real Red, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and the long retired Lucky Limeade (love it).  By using a bunch of circle punches and some dimensionals I was hoping to give the illusion of movement.  My number 4 has been completely covered with Crystal Effects, I just love the gloss and dimension it gives.

If you'd like to tackle the challenge this week pop over to JAI and get yourself some inspiration. Here is the pic for you.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, given the struggle I had deciding on which direction to take.


Have yourselves an enjoyable, indulgent Easter weekend.  See you back again next week.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a FUN card Patrice, what four year old wouldn't love it? Have a great Easter and enjoy your hot cross buns and chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic, bright and cheerful card for a 4 year old!! I love a bit of crystal effects to give it a shiny element!! I hope you had a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Patrice! Such a vibrant, fun and beautiful card! I love the dimension of all your lovely circle layers and the glossy 4 is fabulous too! Hope you are having a happy Easter and enjoying the long weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Patrice! I just love, love, love that number 4 covered in Crystal Effects. Its so glossy and shiny and gorgeous. Love the layering of the circles for a bright and fun card. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect P! Love the circle elements and fun colours and the crystal effects just completes it perfectly.xx Hope you are enjoying those hot cross buns..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your field of floating dots really captures the colour and feel of the inspiration pic P, and makes a fabulously fun background for a birthday card too! Love the glossy '4' too - so shiny!!! Hope Easter was as relaxing as you planned - and filled with chocolate too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!