Friday, September 19, 2014

Just Add Ink #232 - Just Add Inspiration

Happy wonderful Friday ~

Why so wonderful?  Well my beautiful BFF is now on maternity leave and we're getting online to craft together today!  We haven't done it in so long and I'm really looking forward to it.

It's also time for a brand new challenge at Just Add Ink.  This week Kim has given us a gorgeous inspiration pic to use.  Perfect timing for Spring since we've just started the new season here in Australia and New Zealand.  Here it is.



Here's what I put together a few weeks ago.


I played around with various inks for ages, trying to get the right pink/apricot colour as shown in the pic.  I ended up using Blushing Bride, Pumpkin Pie with a touch of retired Regal Rose (both stamped off) and Strawberry Slush.  You'll see I went with the blue leaves too - it's kind of nice to use something other than green on foliage.  I used Night of Navy and Marina Mist.

The stamp set is Beautiful Brushstrokes from PTI, along with the matching dies.

Head over to JAI to check out the design team inspiration.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous interpretations of this sketch, and particularly the ink colours you choose.  

I've got a special blog post going live next Monday 22 September, so be sure to stop back and check it out.  Have a fabulous weekend.



5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Patrice! The dark background provides such a dramatic backdrop for these gorgeous flowers1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning darl.....you magic with anything floral is amazing. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I do love how you've created a two toned look on the flowers! YAY for our crafting day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bright cluster of flowers looks just gorgeous P against the dark backdrop. Love the blue leaves too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day, you two are so cute..:0)
    P this is just so bold and lovely, your pretty flowers are stunning against that navy background. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!