Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet Life Sympathy

Good Monday morning friends ~

I'm back to work tomorrow after a lovely long Christmas break.  I'm making the most of today by spending much of it in my craft room.  There are plenty of outdoor garden jobs I could be doing ... have had to put those off because it's been far too hot over recent weeks to leave the comfort of air conditioning.  Today there is a lovely breeze but I don't want to waste my last day of hols ... sound familiar?

While I was away in NZ last week attending my Gran's funeral, the mum of two very dear friends of mine passed away suddenly.  Quite a shock to come home to.  I made cards for each of the sisters.



My photographs aren't good enough to show that I've used the two sides of PTI's Linen Impression Plate, one on each card.  There is also a little shimmer to the flowers - I'm so loving this gorgeous stamp set.

If you have any questions about these cards feel free to shoot me an email.  Enjoy your day ... even if you're already back at work.

10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Patrice and I'm sure your friends will appreciate them at this very sad time. You can see the linen embossing if you click the photos to enlarge.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're just beautiful Patrice, you are really doing a fabulous job with this set!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sad news for your friends. Both cards are beautiful and I'm sure they will appreciate them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Patrice - and I'm so sorry to hear about your gran and friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous!
    you have some awesome talent!
    i love the flowers on them the most

    Redheaded Daybook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very beautiful cards, Patrice. Love the colors you've used. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you returned from a funeral to find that 2 of your friends lost their Mother! These are beautiful cards and I'm sure they'll appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patrice, I'm so sorry to hear you've experienced such loss lately. Your cards are beautiful and serene, and I'm sure they'll bring much comfort to your dear friends. I hope making them eased your pain a little, if only momentarily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you more hugs and hopefully no more sadness darl. These cards are so sweet and again...oh those delish roses. Magical. ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!