Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Addicted to Stamps - Sketch Challenge #2

Happy Wednesday lovely friends ~

The weeks and months are just flying by...Gorgeous Kid and myself are off to New Zealand on Friday.  We're visiting family, particularly my dear grandmother.  I'm so looking forward to eating lots of my favourite foods again...Mays pies from Timaru, Joy Bars - and I don't care if it's too cold to eat ice cream, Perky Nanas, yams and so many other yummy treats.  I'm hoping to track down some Marmite too, although I have a feeling the Sanitarium factory in Christchurch was flattened in the earthquakes so that may be a tall order.  I'll try my best though!

This week at Addicted to Stamps we have our Sketch Challenge.  Check it out:


And this is what I came up with.  The beauty of design team work is that you get the schedule some weeks in advance.  Because I knew August and September were going to be busy months I got ahead of myself and prepared a number of challenges some time ago.  I now realise I missed a little something on my card.  The four little spots on each corner...ooops.


This is a cute little digi image from Tiddly Inks.  I used my copics and a bunch of different blues for this card - Island Indigo, Marina Mist and Bashful Blue.

We'd love you to join our Sketch Challenge this week, so pop over to the Addicted to Stamps blog and check out the design team inspiration.

I won't be at a computer too often over the next couple of weeks - I have a strong feeling Gran has only got dial-up internet.  Too slow for me!  I've got some posts scheduled for while we are away and I'll look foward to lots of blog browsing and catching up when I'm back.

12 comments:

  1. Right! Next time I am down your way, we have a date for you to teach me how to colour properly. My last few efforts have been epic fails!! I love your take on the sketch and the image is way too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too stinkin' cute Patrice....and even poetic....given that you and GK are off across the ditch soon. Love the blues and the soft sponging. Delightful card. Relax, enjoy and I hope that you and GK have a pearler of a time. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and beautiful colouring in - have a lovely time away - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely one, super cute card and great colouring. Hug's to both you and GK, have a wonderful time with your gran, keep safe.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time. I am so envious that you are having a break particularly in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

    Great card too, love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute patrice!! Love the fun design with that cute image. Hope you have a great trip :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly timed card with you and gorgeous kid departing so soon! Love the trail of hearts and the colouring is just fabulous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patrice - love that image, it's so cute. Hope you have a wonderful time in NZ (lovely place and hope to visit again soon). As for the Marmite (yum yum)we've got loads over here!!! lol All the best people love it.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card! Lovely colouring. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A terrific take on the sketch and your colouring is amazing! Have an amazing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card there. Loving this sketch too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful image for the sketch, Patrice! I hope your trip has turned out to be perfect in every way you hoped it would be!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!