Friday, February 4, 2011

JAI#54...Colour Challenge

Yay it's Friday ~

I'm not sure I should be so happy about that being that it is officially the last day of school holidays here in the ACT. I've been rather enjoying special time with Gorgeous Kid these past couple of weeks since he returned from his Qld holiday. It doesn't feel long enough.

I'm here to show you my Just Add Ink card for this week. We have a yummy colour challenge of Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Rose Red and Regal Rose this week - I do love pinks and chocolates. I often struggle with colour challenges so I fell back on my trusty Vintage Vogue stamps this week - have you noticed just how much I love love love that set!


I inked my larger flower in Rose Red. For the smaller flowers I used the Rock'n'Roll technique, inking Regal Rose first then 'rolling' the edge of my rubber onto the Rose Red ink pad - a little hard to see in the pic I think. My vine is inked in Soft Suede and I cut out some little Espresso leaves. A very straight forward card this week, but a perfect addition to my stash which is a little light on lately.

It's been very warm in Canberra over the past fortnight and it just doesn't make me want to sit and craft to be honest. It wasn't so long ago I was telling you how water logged we were becoming. Hate to say it but a day of cloud and rain would go down really well this weekend - perfect crafting weather in my opinion. The forecast is for temps to drop on Monday so I'm sure a lot of people are looking forward to the relief, particularly those who don't have aircon!

Anyway enough babble, go over to JAI and check out the design team inspiration and all that gorgeous pink. Hope you can join in with us this week.

Have a fabulous Friday!

12 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with vintage vogue. Beautiful card.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card, love using the rock 'n' roll technique myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card P and too am a fan of pink and chocolate together!

    Enjoy your last day with GC - those holidays sure do go fast huh!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card -- love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING! I just love this, it's very girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - perfectly pretty! LOVE IT! But then I just LURVE Vintage Vogue - you can't kill it I reckon! Enjoy ur last w'end of school hols together! We must "cyber-craft" again soon - I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always use this set so well!! Just beautiful, Patrice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VV is my "go to" set as well Patrice. You have created a stunning card here...and yes v v girly!!
    We are back at school and sweltering in the heat...41 and a bit y'day. Desp awaiting the prominsed change to come thru!! Take care and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, love. Really crisp, and clean, and I LOVE the rock-and-rolled flowers. Need to give some love to Vintage Vogue, methinks. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Patrice! Love your composition & those VV flowers look AMAZING!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - love this Patrice so stunning, the deep colouring of the flowers makes such a wonderful impact. Classic!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!