Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fifth Avenue Gift Set

Happy Saturday ~

Lovely blue skies here in Canberra! Gorgeous kid is off riding his new bmx bike ... he has been in Coffs Harbour these school hols having a great time with his cousins, aunt, uncle and grandparents on their rural property. His great grandma is also there so it was real family time for them all. I've not been away from him for so long and have to say I missed him like crazy. It was really nice being able to come and go and do my own thing, but I missed his company big time! He's a great little mate.

He took lots of photos while he was away so I'll share a couple here when they're downloaded. He went fishing, caught something good enough to cook and eat for dinner that night - how special for him. All the kids did a basketball clinic for a couple of days and GK got player of the day and won himself a drink bottle and t shirt - he was extremely pleased with himself. Apparently the biggest highlight was a huge "as big as two cars joined together mum" pile of sawdust the kids played in - and my laundry now has it's fair share too lol.

Anyway I'm really here to show you a little card gift set I put together using the all time classic Fifth Avenue stamp set - it's perfect for this type of project.

I made my folder with textured Pink Pirouette c/s tying it together with the matching PP striped grosgrain ribbon.

Inside I've put four matching note cards (item 101950) and envelopes. I've clear embossed my image, cut it out and used the bleach technique to get the different colour effect. They are then 'popped' up on my WW and PP c/s layers.

As usual my photography is point and snap - no fancy editing program so no enhancements here unfortunately. The lighting is slightly dull - one of these days I'm going to find the perfect spot for taking my pics. But if I wait until that day to take pics I'll have no one here reading my blog lol.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little ensemble P! Don't ya just love fifth avenue floral!! Great job chicki!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh PP is such a sweet colour - i just love that folder!
    You always have such great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicate and pretty Patrice. Pink Pirouette is such a daintycolour. A beautiful gift. I love this set...and probably shdget it out a bit more ;). ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw so glad he had such an awesome time away! I bet he's glad to be back with his mum tho! Love the softness in this set - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!