Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Birthday Colour Cue {11}

Happy Australia Day eve ~

Gorgeous Kid and I are looking forward to joining friends at a concert on the lawns of Parliament House this evening. It's always a fun family event, and free! Tomorrow there will be lots of activities at Commonwealth Park for us to enjoy. Starts with a bbq breakfast - but I'm not up and organised that early shhhh.

This card was made for the daughter of a work colleague, she turned a precious 3 yesterday! I went to the gorgeous soft palette of the Colour Cue {11} to start with and have been wanting to make something like Andrea's card ever since I first saw it. I just love it, lots for a little girl to look at and touch!

Anyway here is my version ... you can click on the photo for a closer look at all the little buttons and embellies.

Silly me didn't get a pic of the inside, which was completely dressed up with paper pieced party balloons and a luscious crystal effects slathered 3!

Have a wonderful day, even those of you no longer on holidays!

11 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card. All very girly, I love it!! I hope you and your gorgeous kid enjoy the festivities tonight and have fun tomorrow.

    Karen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I am so totally lovin this!!! Bet little Myah loved it too!

    Enjoy the thing at parliament house - sounds like fun!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is so adorable! Have a wonderful Australia Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patrice.
    I'm flattered that my cards inspired you.
    Thank you for the mention.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toooo cute!!! I bet she would have adored this card :)
    It's such a cute layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patrice,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm sorry you can't read my blog but I think somewhere in the Google toolbar there is a translation button, at least here I have that. Maybe you can find it and translate my blog.I must say that the translations aren't always perfect but good enough to understand the most of it !
    Greets from Belgium,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fnatastic! I might have to CASE your CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very impressed. Very nice work indeed. Any 3 year old would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stinkin' sweet! Love your design! Way to rock our Color Cue! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun - Love this funky & precious card!! Thank you so much for joining us at Wplus9 Design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!