Friday, July 16, 2010

Just Add...Embossing

Hi and Happy Friday ~

Today I get to show you my first official Just Add Ink design team submission - it's all quite exciting but I have to say I'm a tiny bit nervous too. This week it's all about embossing... I chose to go with heat embossing, however, you can dry emboss too.

Embossing would have to be one of the most difficult to photograph, the gloss and texture just doesn't show unfortunately.
My card base is Glossy White and I've layered Very Vanilla on top, along with White Taffeta Ribbon and a half back pearl from the Pretties Kit. I used the very popular stamp set Baroque Motifs, first inking with Versamark then sprinkling with Clear Embossing Powder before heating.

The centre is popped up on dimensionals and punched with the scallop circle - to get the 'pinking' look I then added a 'handle (aka a scrap strip of c/s)' to my scallop punchie and inserted back into the punch turning slightly and punching again. Hmmm that isn't a very articulate explanation, but I hope you get the idea :o)

Make sure you take the time to go over to JAI and check out all the great inspiration ideas from the rest of the design team.

6 comments:

  1. Just love the simple elegance of your card P! Its a great card if you had to mass produce - get yourself a little routine happening and you'd have em' done in no time!

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation - you did FANTASTICALLY for your first DT project!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a elegant card, I love this to bits Patrice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so elegant. I love that it's just two colors. It makes such an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just pretty! Love it!!!!
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the neutral colours of this - so elegant. Congrats on your first DT Submission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful, soft, colours, Patrice. Love your 'centrepiece', you clever thing! Gorgeous first submission as part of the Design Team - go you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!