Thursday, July 29, 2010

First Christmas Card - phew just made it by end of July

Hey everyone ~

It seems everyone but me had made a start on their 2010 Chrissie cards. Ha well now I can say I've got one made and ready to go...in December.

Using my all time fave set Season of Joy and a whole lot of Old Olive (including a little Cottage Garden dsp) here it is. I've added a little interest by using my corner rounder punch and popping the centre piece up on dimensionals, as well as the holly in 'joy'. Not my best ribbon tying effort - didn't notice how bad that was until looking at the photograph now. Best fix that before the card gets sent...

Hopefully getting started on Christmas cards in July will inspire me to keep going and have a great collection ready to send out come December.

Remember those yummy (I mean that literally) stamps that arrived on my door step yesterday, well I inked a few up last night and sat in front of the tv colouring them. Such cute little images. I'll make them into cards really soon and share here :o)

I'm off to help a friend with some housework and errands. She had surgery a fortnight ago and isn't able to lift or stretch yet. Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely P! Just love how you've done it all in one colour - very effective!

    Hope my stamps arrive today to so I can play around with them! Can't wait to see what you do!

    K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is a very cute Christmas set!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!