Friday, April 9, 2010

Manhattan Suede

Another simple card to show you. Loving the Manhattan Flower embossing folder, it's elegant and so so simple. While I like the 'bones' of this card, there are a couple of things I wish I'd done differently.

This mother's day is going to be the second without my mum and so I don't really need to make mother's day cards now :o( I do have friends who need them though and they have me make them which is just lovely. Not sure this card will make it to any mum this year but it was a good little start - felt kind of nice to put some rubber on ink!

I've added a pillow box - perfect for gift wrapping little trinkets and bits. Unfortunately I haven't quite finished it off with a tag as too fiddly for my single hand and haven't figured out the 'knack' yet. The pillow box is one of the new BS dies, just run it through your machine and all the cutting and scoring is done for you. I love the new BS stuff!!!

I've used Soft Suede and Glossy White cs, with matching Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!