Friday, August 18, 2017

Just Add Ink #373 - Just Add Stencils

Happy Friday lovely friends ~

We have a brand new challenge over at Just Add Ink and Karren suggested we add stencilling to our projects this week. Fun!

Considering it's been a bitter cold few days in Canberra, this little jar of flowers looks more like spring! It was so fun to create. I broke out my new Embossing Paste & Pattern Party Decorative Masks for this card - I love the texture! If you haven't tried the new Paste you really must, it's sooo easy to use.


Another new feature on this card is the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set & matching Framelits. I didn't actually use the stamps here, rather I cut the flowers out of scraps of Whisper White c/s & used my Watercolour Pencils to add colour roughly then moved it around with my Aqua Painter. I was very happy with the result.


I'm not sure if you can see the shimmer I added with Wink of Stella in the above pic but it does show a bit more of the texture created by the Embossing Paste.

The design team has created lots of gorgeous cards for your inspiration this week so pop over to JAI & check them out. We'd love to see your own stencilled projects so join the challenge & link up!

Have a great weekend!

Patrice x

15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. Looks like i might need that stencil! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright burst of pink colour P, and how the colour fades out to the edges, and all that fabulous brick texture in the background too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous P! Your bouquet looks so lush and full of colour and I love the effect of the vellum jar and the pretty brick wall background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card, Patrice. The textured background looks amazing with that stunning bouquet. I especially love your beautifully watercoloured flowers in the vellum jar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a fresh and cheerful card! The stenciling is a great backdrop for those gorgeous flowers! Bring on Spring, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so beautiful Patrice. I love everything about it but especially love the way you have coloured the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty P! So many gorgeous details and l love that vellum jar! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patrice. I love the white on white textured background and how striking the flowers are against it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are stunning - the pencils and aqua painter give a great life-like effect. I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created such a gorgeous tableau Patrice! Your delicate water coloured flowers against the white brick wall are so beautiful and I just love the shadow of the stems behind the vellum jar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this card P. Those flowers are so clever and look striking against your embossed wall xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the texture of the paste through the stencil and what a cute and pretty card. Those little flowers are fabulous... as is your jar x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how soft and pretty your card is Patrice...the jar of flowers soften the strong brick wall background xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Patrice and greetings from Amersham UK!! This is my first visit and I have to say that your card has inspired me to get out my texture paste and give this a go having just got the stamp set and dies from Stampin Up!! A beautiful card and the vellum jar is an inspired touch - I will be back!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card. Is the background a stencil or embossing folder? Thanks.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!