Friday, August 4, 2017

Just Add Ink #371 - Just Choose Two

Happy Friday friends ~

A bit of an exciting week in our house....our big boy, Gorgeous Kid sat his driving test yestrerday and got it! OMG!! My son is allowed to drive, on roads, all by himself. Well he will come 21 August when he actually turns 17 - do you think he was keen to be ready for the big day? Ohhh just a little bit whole lot!

We have a new challenge over at Just Add Ink today. Di has asked us to choose two - kids, pets or patterned paper. My card is kind of a cheat now that I think about it. Originally I chose kids & patterned paper, however, this little cutie elephant could kind of sort of be a pet, don't you think? I know I'd love an elephant in my back yard :)


So I pulled out my must have set A Little Wild and created a suspension spinner card for a sweet little girl turning 5 a few weeks ago. The sentiment was heat embossed using a stamp from the Big on Birthdays set. My chosen designer paper is now retired, but being a paper hoarder I still have a ton to get through....


I coloured little Ellie with my copics.


Laid flat so you can see the silver thread giving it the spin effect.


And a cute little bottom!

There are so so many possibilities with the choose two challenges, so pop over to JAI & join us for some fun this week. The design team have lots of awesome cards to inspire you. Don't forget to link your project up.


Have a great weekend!

Patrice x

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having a driver in your house Patrice!! Beautiful card this week too. How cute is that little elephant. You absolutely nailed this weeks challenge!! Chlo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute creation, Patrice. Beautifully coloured, and a sweet little spinner card for a little girl. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this card is gorgeous - from the faux stitching around the edge, to the cute spinner elephant! Very pretty card :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P this is utterly adorable! I love how the pink in the DSP really draws that little blush out in your cute elephants cheeks. I'll just bet the spinning elephant was a hit with the birthday girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card. And that little bottom is just so cute. I need to make one of these! Congrats on getting a chauffeur!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is totally adorable P! I love the stitching details around the edges and am sure your beautifully coloured little elephant will bring hours of fun! Congrats to Connor too 😀xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, so cute! I love the pink touched on your elephant. Having an elephant for a pet reminds me of a Simpson's episode where Bart won one in a radio contest. LOL! Congrats to GK for getting his P's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love! How perfect are these cuties for a spinner card. A pet Elephant would be an interesting house pet, but with a cute butt like that, l'm in! Lovely colours and design P. xx
    And go GK...Now you have someone to pop to the shop for you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely fabulously cute card Patrice! I adore your edge stitching and the colouring of little Ellie is just the sweetest. I especially love the spinning aspect - that butt is too cute to not be spinning on a card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a super cute card! One of my most favourite stamp sets to use right now so I must try making one of these some time. I too love that DSP, such a shame they retire so quickly. Great colouring little Ellie, I miss using alcohol markers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!