Friday, May 6, 2016

Just Add Ink #310 - Just Add a Sketch

Aloha ~

Popping in from Hawaii to share my card for the new challenge over at Just Add Ink today.  Tina gave us a sketch and I got a little lot carried away creating something quite unlike my usual CAS style.

I started with a cupcake shaped card (die from the Papertrey Ink Shape Up series) in Crumb Cake, added some vellum leaves, a bunch of flowers - crochet, fabric, paper - pearls, twine, seam binding....lots of little goodies.  I created this card with a certain friend in mind....she always adds lots of texture and ribbons, twines and pretty stuff to her cards.  I hope she loves it.


I really did enjoy layering up and finding pretty bits and pieces to go on my cupcake card, but it sure did take me a lot longer and I don't know that it actually looks worth the time that went into it lol.

Below is the sketch, why don't you use it and join the challenge fun this week?  Have a look over on the JAI blog at the design team inspiration and then link your own creation up.


Well that's it from me.  Thanks for stopping by and see you back here soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!...Sometimes it's nice to add lot's of details and you've nailed it with the perfect amount...So pretty!xx
    Enjoy the sunshine lovely...Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo worth the time Patrice, its absolutely gorgeous.
    Hope your having a fantastic holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so gorgeous P!! Your neutrals colour palette is so perfect for the layers of texture and ribbon and twine are to die for. Have a wonderful time away xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!