Friday, October 31, 2014

Just Add Ink #238 - Just Add a Sketch

Happy Friday friends ~

A new challenge over at Just Add Ink rolls around again.  This week Kim has given us a sketch - I love it so much I've used a variation of it for several cards now.  None of which I've blogged :(

A dear friend up in Queensland needed a card for her mum who was visiting to celebrate a milestone birthday.  This is what I made for her.


I flipped and kind of mirrored the sketch for my card - a bit of creative license lol.  I used the Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities and had some fun colouring one of the flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set.  It seems to be my go to set these days despite owning too many flower sets.

Pop over to JAI and check out the design team inspiration.  Here is the sketch if you'd like to play along with us. Remember you too, can use your own creative license :)


A very happy Halloween to those of my friends and followers who celebrate it.  We don't officially celebrate here in Australia, however, it is becoming a little more popular each year.  I do make sure to have a little bowl of chocolate treats at the door just in case :)

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a beautiful card, P; I'll be the 'birthday girl' loved it to bits. You've coloured the flowers so beautifully, and I love the elegance of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrice the flowers are just gorgeous. You created such depth and intensity in the colouring. It's a beautiful elegant card for a special occasion! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful P! Your flowers are just divine and pop so beautifully on that crisp white background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just beautiful Patrice, I am sure your friends mum loved it! The colouring of the flowers is just gorgeous, they really pack a punch grouped together like that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!