Friday, August 1, 2014

Just Add Ink #225 - Just Add a Colour Combo

Good Friday morning lovely friends ~

We have a cool Colour Combination over at Just Add Ink this week.  I chose them ... Smoky Slate, Basic Black, So Saffron and Whisper White.

Okay so I cheated a little ... I just HAD to break out my new Blendabilities and we all know there is NO So Saffron in these fabulous markers - yet!  I used Daffodil Delight instead - creative license yes?

I've been a bit under the weather the past few weeks and had to make a visit to my Doctor.  Whilst there I found out that one of the lovely admin ladies lost her dad in tragic circumstances recently.  I made this card for her.  Hope that big happy flower brightens her day a little.


So this was my first try with the blendies and I'm quite impressed with them.  Such vibrant colours!  So easy to use! The centre of my flower was created by squirting a big dollop of Crystal Effects onto my Silicone Craft Sheet, letting it dry (overnight) and colouring with an alcohol marker.  I then attached to my card with a little more CE and used my Stampin' Chalk Marker to add a few white dots.  Lots of fun!

The design team has such a great variety of projects using these colours so pop over to JAI and grab yourself some inspiration.  Hope you find the time to get creative and join us.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful card - love the vibrant yellow with the soft gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrice. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. What a beautiful card with amazing colouring and your crystal effects centre. What a cool technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best results I've seen with the Blendabilities! Looks so realistic. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous colouring P, especially for a first go, your card is so fresh and pretty. Clever crystal effects idea, must try that soon...:0)
    Hope you're feeling better lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's drop dead gorgeous P! The yellow is so vibrant against the neutral tones. Love that glossy centre too - am so trying that!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've given us a fab colour combo to work with this week :)
    I'm sure the recipient will appreciate your thoughts and this beautiful card xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is soooooo beautiful Patrice! Your flower is perfectly coloured (I can't quite seem to master them yet so I've put them aside). I love the addition of the crystal effected/coloured centre - it really makes this flower such a standout! Hope you're on the mend now - it's not nice feeling yuck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patrice, this is stunning! LOVE that fabulous shiny flower centre, and the use of the leaves from Kinda Eclectic; they're perfect behind the gorgeous bloom. Beautiful card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!