Friday, September 16, 2011

JAI#85...Just Add Baby

TGIF!

It's been a long and busy week. Can't wait for the weekend and hopefully a bit of rest time. Last night Gorgeous Kid performed at his school Talent Show - what a fun night. Over 500 people and lots of great and entertaining acts from the kids. As fantastic as it was I'm looking forward to a bit of a break from all the months of living and breathing Talent Show rehearsals!

This week at Just Add Ink we're adding 'baby'. Sooo cute. There seem to be babies everywhere these past six months, more boys than girls ... so I've gone blue this week.


I thought I might put these gorgeous doily die cuts to use on something other than a pretty feminine card - which is how I normally use them. Not half bad hey. I've used Marina Mist dsp layered on Whisper White c/s, and the last of my MM satin ribbon - gasp, I loved that ribbon! The little boat is 'popped' up and I've inked it in MM, So Saffron and Crumb Cake. I cut the little circle of MM c/s that's sitting in the centre of the doily with my Circle Nesties.

If you want to join the fun this week and get all clucky creating your own baby cards and layouts head on over to JAI and check out the design team inspiration. I love them all and I'm sure you will too.

12 comments:

  1. Patrice this is such a beautiful card and that doily die works perfectly!
    OHH I didn't know you had the MS doily border punch - it's my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, love. Great idea for using a doily; it's perfect! Gorgeous colours and details xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks fantastic, love that doily die. That border punch is delish isn't it? one of my faves (can I say that lol). Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Patrice. I love how you've used the doily and the MM ribbon finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card as per usual. Love the boat, so sweet, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your boat Patrice, it's so gorgeous. I really like your colour combo for this card, it's so bright and fresh, just as a baby card should be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunner, Patrice and a great idea for the challenge this week. I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Patrice! The doilies work well with baby cards and look great with your sail boat image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so sweet Patrice! Love that doily.

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... what a great card Patrice ... that little sail boat is just the cutest and love the doily too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute...I love that doily. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK....WOWSERS Miss Patrice...ur on fire atm. I love this card to bits. The doily die cut...is that Nesties or someone else??? I too love my MS border punch...prob do not use it enough. The concentric circles wk so v v well darl. ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!