Friday, August 19, 2011

JAI#81...Just Add a Colour Challenge

Oooops running late....it's been one of those days! Thankfully it's Friday so can only get better from here.

We have a Colour Challenge over at Just Add Ink this week thanks to the delightful and super talented Bron. I have to say I struggled with these colours, I'm so NOT a Cajun Craze fan. When faced with such a challenge go CAS I say ... and that's just what I did.


I've used a mixture of inks, Versamark and clear embossing here, along with various sized Circle Punches and dimensionals. If you look closely you'll see I did a little piercing along the bottom of my Cajun c/s for added interest to my very CAS card. The sentiment is from Verve.

We have a bit of excitement at our house this weekend. Gorgeous Kid is turning 11 on Sunday and all I've heard for days now is "can I please open a present early"? Fortunately I have that fabulous ability all parents learn very early on in their parenting careers - to tune out! It drives him nuts, yet keeps me sane lol.

Anyway best be off, things to do and all that ... do pop over to JAI and check out what inspiration the design team has offered up for you all this week. Hope you can play with us!

Have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Love the way you've used the circle set on this card Patrice. It's a wonderful CAS card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely a whizz with clean and simple :) Love you're circly circle - lol! Big happy birthday to gorgeous kid for Sunday :)
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is a great card Patrice, I bought this set and never know really what to do with it, you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cajun Craze is my enemy!! I've never used it!
    You've done a great job with the colour challenge, much better than I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't struggle with the colour combo but I do struggle with 'Circle Circus' so ... thanks for the great inspiration - your card is an A+.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved use of Circle Circus - but yes, I'd struggle with the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an AWESOME CAS card P! I really really reallllllly like this one chicki!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Bron; I'm not challenged by Cajun Craze, but I can't do Circle Circus justice! Love your card, chickie - you've done a great job! Hope Connor has a FABULOUS birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to say, beautiful as per usual x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely clean card Patrice, lovin your circle of circles, a very clever use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parental mega Kudos on tampering with the mind of GK...it made me smile broardly...hee hee hee. I do not even have Cajun Craze...so ur one up on me..and I give you probs for using it. Love the circles. ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!