Friday, October 29, 2010

Night of Navy Wedding a la Tania Style

TGIF ~

Recently the son of a dear friend married and she needed a card - actually she needed three that week! Must be wedding season again :o)

In my craft room I have a cork board hanging on the wall above my desk and pinned to it are lots of gorgeous cards and RAKs that I've received from the beautiful friends I've made through this crazy craft and blogging thing we all do. On it is the lovely Pale Plum card (below) from Tania Gould. My friend spied this and wanted it. She wanted exactly that, no changes, just exactly the same but in Navy to match the bridal party. So I got Tania's permission to replicate her card exactly and fortunately she was flattered and gave the okay.

I've layered Very Vanilla on Night of Navy c/s, stamped En Frances b/g, Baroque Motifs and Tiny Tags + its matching punch and some VV taffeta ribbon. I forgot to photograph the inside of the card, but it does follow the same theme - of course!

As you can see I couldn't quite 'crinkle' my VV c/s as much (but it is crinkled irl honest) - just isn't my style lol. It's quite difficult to see the detail of the little rose buds because they're quite dark here, but irl they look the part and my friend was thrilled.

Thanks Tania for being so gracious as to let me CASE your card exactly, you made one proud mum very very happy!

11 comments:

  1. Ohh, you've been busy posting this week Patrice, I've got heaps of posts to catch up on!

    This is an aboslutely gorgeous case of a gorgeous card. It's turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beutiful P! I loved Tanya's original when I saw it too!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card, love the colours and the beautiful little flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. the card was a work of art and my new daughter in law was delighted with the colour scheme, i was very grateful for all the cards for all the weddings...thankfully the next wedding isn't till march!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks gorgeous in those colours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Patrice, just love it! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Patrice, this is a gorgeous card and I love the colours of navy and vanilla, very elegant.

    Karen G.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a fab job at replicating such a lovely card!
    xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant CASE Patrice. Always a nerve racking experience, but you did a FAB job. The NON and VV combo is so strong I am sure the recipient would have been over the moon. The flowers are GORJUS too!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now how come I missed this one on your blog too!!! I LOVE it in Navy! So striking! I'm so glad your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!