Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kelly's Stamping Friends Blog Hop - Goodbye Special Reason, sniff sniff


Hello, good evening beautiful crafty friends ~

Welcome to a special blog hop celebrating Kelly's five year anniversary with Stampin' Up!  Kelly has invited a bunch of her fabulously talented friends to share her happy event, and I'm super excited to be a part of it.

If you're following the hop in order you will have arrived from the lovely Martha Groeger.  If not, you can start here and continue hopping by using the Next button at the bottom of each post.  If you get lost or come across a broken link just head over to Kelly's blog for a full list of participants.

On the cusp of a brand new Annual catalogue launch, and the end of the current Occasions catalogue I just had to use Special Reason before it officially retires.  It is probably goodbye for many demos, but I love this stamp set so much (yep pretty late to the party on this one) that I'll be keeping it a whole lot longer.


What doesn't show up in the pic is all the gorgeous shimmer on the flower :(

I've used a Very Vanilla card base, a little Urban Underground dsp, a strip of Copper foil and a fun technique to colour my bloom and leaves - see tutorial shared by Alisa Tilsner here.  In keeping with Kelly's hop theme of celebration and happy I chose a sentiment that makes me happy - my friends mean the world to me and make me very happy! I love the funky fonts and sentiments from the Oh Happy Day Card Kit (which is carrying over to the new catalogue - yay). Ink colours are Soft Sky & Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive.

Thank you, Kelly for inviting me along to celebrate your stampin'-versary!  I am so lucky to work alongside you on a couple of design teams, and to have met you in person at On Stage Live in Brisbane (we do live on opposite sides of the country after all).  You are amazingly talented, such a kind soul and a lovely stamp friend - congratulations on this milestone and best wishes for five more fabulous years.  See you back here at the ten year mark for another hop? Lol.

Now click on the button below to see what beautiful creation/s Sandra Collett is sharing with us. Enjoy the rest of the hop!

Patrice x

15 comments:

  1. wow what a great piece of art love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That copper sheeting has my name on it - I have to get me some!! Your card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a HAPPY card! You captured the theme so well in your project, AND in your writing style! Love the way your post reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you, Kathryn. Such a sweet thing to say. x

      Delete
  4. Stunning card P! Your colouring is gorgeous and such an elegant design. Yes, that stamp is lovely and staying in my house for a while longer too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, love it. Nothing else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love it and nice work on the colouring. Friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, off to check out that tutorial, as your flower looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Special Reason also. *sniff* sad to see it go, but you've created something very beautiful. TFS. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning card, love the colouring. I will miss Special Reason too as have only recently gotten it myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totes amazeballs P. Fantastic design and I know I'm totally going to miss that stamp set. Can't believe if didn't roll over!! Chlo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this! Beautifully clean and elegant P and your colouring is just divine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous technique Patrice. I have to try this. Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absoloutely divine, Patrice. I love everything about your creation. D x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Patrice - the colouring on your flower is sensational! Thank you for sharing your talents for my celebratory hop! See you at the next event, and also back here for 10 years! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!