Friday, August 12, 2016

Just Add Ink #324 - Just Add Inspiration

Hi lovelies, happy Friday ~

We have a new challenge at Just Add Ink this week, and Trish has given us a pretty inspiration pic to use. I'll post it at the bottom for you.

I took the opportunity to use my new Fall Florals stamp set and dies from MFT.  I chose the Kraft base to emulate the weathered fence or barn in the picture, and I've used subtle ink colours to capture the flowers - ordinarily I think this set screams bold and bright.  There is a fair bit of dimension in this card, and it's full of sparkle (which I couldn't 'grab' in the photograph due to the sun disappearing).


Please pop over to JAI and take a look at the design team inspiration.  We love to see your take on our inspiration challenges.  Here it is, go forth and create!


The twins have been very challenging of late.  Typical four year old behaviour, however, it's draining and it takes a lot of our attention.  Hence Gorgeous Kid has been missing out.  My mummy guilt came into play last week so I decided he and I needed a long weekend away bonding.  It's been a fair while since we've done it.  Sooooo I booked us on a 4 night cruise up to the Sunshine Coast where we'll have a shore day in Mooloolaba and perhaps visit Australia Zoo.  Just three weeks to wait. Between now and then GK turns 16 so we'll be having some birthday celebrations and he'll be feeling rather spoilt.

Only two more footy games of the season and I'll have some of my weekends back....in time for the twins to start Judo in 4th term.  Normally children don't start until they're 5 but the coach said he'd take them a little earlier because it's usually quiet coming into the summer months.  OMG roll on spring.

I took myself off to see Bad Moms at the movie theatre yesterday.  What a hoot.  Although don't go see it if you can't handle a fair bit of bad language.  I had lots of laughs and it was just what I needed as a two hour distraction.  I'm hoping to be back next week as I plan on doing a bit more crafting than has been happening over the past six weeks or so.  It makes me sad not to make the most of all my beautiful crafty bits and pieces.

Patrice x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like its all go at your house at the moment!! So glad you got a few hours to yourself, can't wait to see what movie and I have no problem with bad language at all. In fact I recommend it to a lot of people!!! Your card fits the challenge so perfectly and love the floral stamps. Hope you get a bit of quiet time over the weekend and a chance to craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty P! A gorgeous design - I love the layer of blue peeking out! And such awesome, sweet flowers and touches of bling. Yes, sounds like a busy time - I haven't seen that movie yet but can recommend Absolutely Fabulous for a good laugh too :-) Your upcoming cruise and break sounds wonderful and am sure GK will be looking forward to it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love the soft mix of colours P the effect is super pretty! Love how purply ones fade - I'm thinking ombre ink pad?? The cruise with GK sounds like a fabulous idea :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Patrice! The partial blue frame really draws the eye to those gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh....These are pretty! The colours and design are beautiful, the flower shapes are so whimsical and fresh...love!
    Hehe....l so want to see that movie. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!