Friday, June 19, 2015

Just Add Ink #267 - Just Add Typography

Happy Friday friends ~

This week Di has given us the new challenge over at Just Add Ink, to add Typography.  I have to admit I googled this one.

As you can see I've used a ton of different stamp sets on my card.  It was a total snap to put together, despite it looking like it took forever.  Thank you MISTI.  I just lined them all up and stamped once.


My base card is the very cool Irresistibly Yours Specialty designer paper we received during SAB earlier this year. It's white paper with a glossy white pattern that you can colour using a variety of techniques - which then reveals the pattern.  I used a sponge dauber and black ink to bring up the bold stripes.  I've used a Smoky Slate mat and my accent colour is the lovely new Watermelon Wonder In Colour.  Pretty cool for a guy, don't you think?

Head over to JAI and check out the great variety of design team inspiration cards this week - that should give you an idea of where to start if you'd like to join the challenge.  I'm looking forward to seeing many more Typography ideas from you all.

Well after fifteen months of planning and training, in just six days GK will be on his way to Borneo with World Challenge Organisation.  Everything is packed.  He's had all his needles and adventure awaits.  He'll be doing a week of jungle trekking and sleeping rough in hammocks.  He's also going to work on a community project in a small village for a week - digging trenches for water pipes. Nothing like good old fashioned hard work to put things in perspective. He'll have a week of R & R also, and visit some beaches and see the orangutangs and clouded leopards.  I'm sure he's going to come home a different kid.  I'm excited and nervous for him.  Can't wait to hear all about it when he returns.  Let's hope he's better with a camera than I am lol.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have an awesome weekend!




9 comments:

  1. Patrice, You have nailed it. I too when I saw the challenge googled it, I have a card in mind that I am to make and your hard has inspired me to play along. Hope I make a card as good as yours over the weekend. Hugs to you. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with that Misti! Fabulous card and the pops of colour are so effective. I hope your son has a wonderful time and that you don't worry about him too much - as mothers are programmed to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when you explained that you had to stamp only once, after lining up all your sentiments ... I spent AGES stamping mine individually!! Over-the-top fantastic card, my friend. Really striking colour combo, and I just love everything about it. Good luck to you all, over the next few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stripey frame is just fabulous P, and really adds zing to that wonderful array of sentiments. Love how in contrast the watermelon is so vibrant and really highlights the sentiment message. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adore your card Patrice! The way you've arranged all your fabulous sentiments is so fun and clever!! And stamped once - wow! My MISITI is coming now :-) Hope all goes well with all the travel and packing for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patrice, I love how you've arranged and stamped all the sentiments, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must be the perfect 'Misti' project!! It looks brilliant and not a stamp out of place! Only a few more sleeps till the big adventure, bet he can't wait to get going. How are you getting on keeping the place tidy for open homes?? Hope you have a buyer really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Patrice! All the black sentiments are so bold and then the little bits of red just pop right off the card! The MISTI must be an awesome tool to do a card like this. Might have to get one! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you stamped a few extra panels for more cards when you created this awesome collage of sentiments, Patrice. Lovely choice of fonts & sentiments & the striped border creates great frame for it (& is the best dsp ever).
    Hugs, D :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!