Friday, June 27, 2014

Just Add Ink #220 - Just Add a Sketch

Good morning ~

We have a sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink this week, courtesy of Kim.


I consulted my trusty Colour Coach for the colours I've used on this card.  The base is Smoky Slate, with a Soft Sky & Whisper White mat and a pop of Calypso Coral.  The leaves are Basic Grey I and wanted to use the same for my sentiment, however, I found the ink pad was completely dry!  That has never happened to me before and I think it's because the cover had a small crack in it :(.  I guess my next Stampin' Up! order will include a new Basic Grey ink pad lol.  Goes to show how long it's been since I've used that particular ink though.  Ooops.

I also used the Hardwood, Petite Petals and Itty Bitty Banners stamp sets and the Petite Petals and Boho Blossom punches.

If you'd like to join in the challenge fun this week pop over to JAI and check out the sketch, and the gorgeous design team inspiration this week!

Hope you've got something fun lined up for the weekend.  Whatever you get up to, enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous colour combo, P - the Color Coach is such a great tool. I love the "pops" of Calypso Coral against the other, subtler, colours. Great take on the sketch, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colours too and that woodgrain paper is stunning!! Fantastic take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of making the top part of the sketch a negative P. The flowers and leaves looks just gorgeous flowing out of it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pops of colour and sketch rotation P, cute idea to tuck those leaves beneath the sentiment too, gives the effect of growing out of the woodgrain. xxx
    Not sure the crack caused your dry pad, l have 2 Basic Grey pads here (one was a replacement for the first), both new, that are so dry and pale, my smoky slate is much darker in comparison..:0(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!