Friday, May 30, 2014

Just Add Ink #216 - Just Add Watercolouring

Happy Friday beautiful blog friends ~

Well what a whirlwind couple of weeks I've had.  Exhausting but soooo much fun.  Last week I spent five days in Melbourne at the South Pacific Inspire. Create. Share. Event (previously known as Convention) with some of my favourite friends - the gorgeous and super talented JAI gals.  We had lots of fun together ... shopping, dinners, and late nights up chatting ... once I sort though some photos I'll post here for you.

This week over at Just Add Ink the supremely talented Paula has given us the challenge to add 'Watercolouring'. Much as I'd love to say I'm good at it, I'm still quite the amateur.  My card is pretty simple and I used a technique I saw used recently on the logo of an online watercolour for card makers class.  I didn't actually do the class but loved the bright pop of colours used.


Here I've used the reverse side of Glossy White c/s (it holds water a lot better than Whisper White c/s) and heat embossed my sentiment.  Then using an aqua painter I 'painted' on some Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Strawberry Slush inks before giving it a liberal spray of Champagne Shimmer Mist.  I don't mind this card - not bad for a beginner!

If you'd like to have a play with your inks and brushes, pop over to JAI and check out our current challenge.  We love to stop by and visit your blogs so please join the fun and link up your creation.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Heya P this is such a fun colourful way to highlight a big sentiment! Love all the sparkliness too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So totally not bad for a beginner..:0) I love the crisp white base and sentiment highlighting the gorgeous colours you've watercoloured with...CAS and so effective! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. You look like an expert to me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pretty colours together Patrice! Such a cheerful card! It's a small world - I'm originally from NZ too! Hamilton but lastly Nelson and now Melbourne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colour burst Patrice - thanks for the little tip of reverse side of glossy......good idea. Chantell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!